Job Description: Clinic Coordinator
- Full Time Position
- 34-40 Hours Weekly (Minimal Evenings Required)
- Reports to: Executive Director
- Wage Negotiable on Experience
- Registered Dental Hygienist or Dental Assistant I or II with radiology certification (preferred, not required)
- Substantial knowledge of practice of dentistry
- Knowledge of dental software (Eaglesoft) and digital radiology
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing in English and Spanish
- Sense of joy, inclusiveness, respect, and fun attitude
- Basic budget and accounting skills
- Ensure staff (clinical and admin) presence during any active clinics, some evenings required.
- Match doctor treatment with patient need, as scheduled and manage clinical scheduling to make clinics most efficient and time appropriate.
- Create and maintain patient charts; quarterly reviewing and archiving inactive patients.
- Maintain dental services database; tracking all provided dental services within electronic health record/database.
- Train volunteers in the use of electronic health software and provide technical assistance to volunteers.
- Run daily, monthly, and annual clinic reports.
- Maintain fiscal integrity of clinic revenue.
- Supervise all clinical staff and ensure all are meeting requirements of his/her position as required per his/her job description.
- Ensure inventory of dental supplies, instruments and materials is maintained.
- Ensure equipment maintenance as needed.
- Keep quarterly clinic maintenance preventative schedule.
- File (scan) all patient records and receipts.
- Ensure waiting room is kept orderly, clean and pleasant.
- With the help of other Wake Smiles staff, schedule patient appointments for clinics.
- Work with referring agencies and community dentists to ensure scheduling qualified patients.
- Ensure patient scheduling for patients being seen offsite with partnering dentists.
- Manage all referred care and keep record of all provided services for WS patients offsite within our dental services database.
- Assure patient appointments are confirmed 1-2 days prior to patient visit.
- Recruit and retain new volunteers.
- Maintain a file of all contact information of all Wake Smiles registered dental providers and auxiliary staff.
- Verify credentials/background checks of providers prior to his/her scheduled clinic dates.
- Schedule and confirm all volunteer shifts 1-2 weeks prior to commitment and 2 days prior to commitment.
- Contact all volunteers in event of clinic cancellation.
- Assist in recruiting offsite contract dentists who are willing to accept Wake Smiles patients for treatment in his/her office.
- Collect and maintain volunteering data, logging hours/patients/value of services provided.
- Ensure all volunteers have been through Volunteer Orientation.
- With assistance of ED, meet with all dental providers prior to volunteer commitment to explain mission of Wake Smiles and to go through clinical orientation.
TO APPLY: Email Cover Letter & Resume to Sommer@wakesmiles.org